BCMF Activity Report: August 2011
In August 2011, BCMF took on 12 new cases and transferred 38 patients (plus their carers) from the Mae Tao Clinic to Chiang Mai for initial investigation, surgery or post-surgical follow-up appointments.
The conditions our new cases presented with varied greatly and included:
- Congenital heart disease
- Brain tumour
- Congenital mass (neck)
- Severe burn injuries (x2)
- Imperforate anus
- Restricted tongue movement (“tongue tie”)
Amongst our new cases were to young children who sustained serious burns. 14-year-old Si Thu was warming himself by the fire in his family’s home in Mon State when he caught alight. His back and arms were severely burnt. 10-year-old Win Win suffered from burns to her neck and chest whilst playing with friends. The scar tissue has caused serious disfigurement and now Win Win’s chin is fused to her chest.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
The BCMF team
CONNECT TO BCMF…
- Read our July 2011 Activity report
- Watch heartwarming videos on the BCMF YouTube Channel
- Learn more about ‘Hydrocephalus’ (water on the brain) – a condition we fund treatment for.
- Like our BCMF Facebook page and share it with your friends
- Sponsor a BCMF Patient Van and make a direct contribution to save the lives of many patients; not just one.